WHERE INFORMATION IS MAINTAINED AND USED
The Services are intended solely for users within the United States. Individuals outside of the United States should not use the Services or provide any data to JR. By using the Services or providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be transferred to, processed and/or maintained outside of your state, province or country, and where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your location. By providing your data or using the Services, you acknowledge such transfer, processing and maintenance.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
JR collects information from you in various ways when you access or use the Services. We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us.
We collect the information you voluntarily provide to us. For example:
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by entering your city or zip code information), we may use that information to provide you with location-based information, such as the location of JR restaurants near you.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, as well as any other relevant information, in order to send you a reply and for other purposes such as improving the quality of our products and services.
- If you sign up for the Rocket E-Club, we will collect all information you provide that relates to the Rocket E-Club registration process.
- We also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as any information requested by JR if you contact us by phone or via email regarding support for the Services.
(b) Personal Information Collected Via Technology.
We collect certain information from you automatically when you access and use our Services as described below:
- Information Collected by our Servers. To make the Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including, for example, web pages visited as well as the page visited prior to, or upon leaving, a site, your browser type, domain name, date/time stamp for your visit and your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer or device when you use the Internet). We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Services, monitor for fraudulent activities and for the efficacy of our fraud management tools, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
- Third-Party Analytics. We partner with third-party service providers to engage in analytics, auditing, measurement, research, and reporting, including, without limitation, based on person or other information collected over time, such as through your participation in the Rocket E-Club, your activity on the Services, your device’s geographic location (which may include specific longitude and latitude), and your activity on unaffiliated third-party websites, applications, or other online services (“Analytics Companies”). Our Analytics Companies may use web logs or pixel tags, and/or they may set and access cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer or other device. We may use this data in individual form, we may share information that does not, by itself, identify you individually and/or aggregated form, we may share information that does not, by itself, identify you individually and/or aggregated information and/or statistics with others outside of JR, and we may allow third parties to collect and aggregate other information in connection with the use of tracking technologies. Your personal information may also be used for analytics related to tracking your activities on the Services, for example, whether you participated in the Rocket E-Club, and which links within our Services you clicked on. You may opt out of Google Analytics tracking by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
(c) Contest and Sweepstakes.
Registration may be required to be eligible to enter online contests or sweepstakes. JR may use the information you provide when registering to manage your entry; fulfill prizes; and, for other marketing and promotional purposes related to the contests or sweepstakes as disclosed on the rules applicable to a particular contest or sweepstakes.
(d) Facebook and Other Social Networking Services.
(e) Location Information.
We and/or our Analytics Companies may collect the geographic location (which may include longitude and latitude) of your mobile device based upon information identified by your mobile device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, WiFi signals, beacons, Bluetooth and near field communication protocols. We may use and share your mobile device’s geographic location together with personal and other information to identify your local JR restaurant, to provide you with personalized messaging or content and/or for marketing purposes by email, push notification, online or in-app advertising, or by other means. If you choose to opt-out of location collection, certain functionality of our Services may not be available.
(f) Categories of Information for California Customers.
In the last 12 months, JR has collected the following categories of personal information from individuals: name, birthday, email address, phone number, postal address (i.e., street number, street name, city, state, zip, country), information related to a specific visit at a JR restaurant (i.e., domestic/international location, date of visit, hour, minute, time of day, dine-in/carry out/drive-thru), your comments, comment type (i.e., compliant, compliment), geolocation data, and internet and electronic activity (e.g., IP addresses).
JR has not sold or disclosed for business purposes any personal information subject to the CCPA in the last 12 months.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect from all of our Services for a number of purposes, including to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect JR and our users.
(a) General Use.
In general, we use your personal information to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services or to aid us in serving you better.
We use your personal information to do the following:
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Services;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Services;
- solicit your feedback;
- provide customized content or personalized promotions; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of JR.
We may combine personal information from one Service with information, including personal information, from other Services or from Affiliates.
(b) Targeted Marketing.
We and our Analytics Companies may implement and evaluate our marketing activities and the Rocket E-Club, including to engage in targeted and personalized online advertising on the Services, in third-party website, application, television, or other online or offline services operated by third parties. This marketing may be targeted to you based on personal or other information collected over time, such as through your participation in the Rocket E-Club, your activity on the Services, your device’s geographic location (which may include longitude and latitude), your activity on unaffiliated third-party websites, applications, or other online services, other marketing activities and programs, and/or from third parties with whom we work. We and our Analytics Companies may use tracking technologies to collect information for such marketing and evaluation purposes. We and our Analytics Companies may also identify whether our marketing activities and the Rocket E-Club resulted in you engaging in other activities on our Services, our advertising and/or marketing, making purchases from us and/or our franchisees, or otherwise engaging with us. In addition, we and our Analytics Companies may target JR ads to you on your television or other online services if we or our Analytics Companies have identified you as a JR customer using information we share with them, such as your name, email address, or mailing address.
(c) Cross-Device Technologies.
We and our Analytics Companies may use collected information to establish connections among related web browsers and devices (such as smartphones, tablets, computers, and televisions) for targeted advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. We and/or our Analytics Companies may match your browsers or devices if you log into the same online service on multiple devices or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same person or household. This means that your online behavior (i.e., information about your activity on websites or applications on your current browser or device and your device’s geographic location, which may include specific longitude and latitude) may be combined with information collected from your other browsers or devices. For example, our Analytics Companies may use this information to deliver an ad on your tablet or smartphone, to limit the number of times you see an ad across your devices, and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns across devices.
(d) Opt-Out Choices.
You may opt out of certain of our or our Analytics Companies’ targeted marketing practices in web browsers by following the instructions below. Please note that the opt out will apply onto the specific browser or devices from which you opt out. You will need to opt out separately on all of your browsers and devices. If you delete or reset your cookies or mobile identifiers, change browsers, or use a different device, any opt-out cookie or tool may no longer work, and you will have to opt out, again. Note that some service providers may also make their own opt-out processes available. Please note that even if you choose to opt out of receiving targeted advertising, you may still receive advertising about JR, but it will not be tailored to your interests.
- Web browser opt-out: To opt out in web browsers, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out page at www.networkadvertising.org/choices and the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice page at www.aboutads.info/consumers. You may opt out of the user cookies by Adobe Analytics tracking by visiting: http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html.
- Location opt-out: If you do not want JR to use your specific longitude and latitude information for target marketing purposes, you may adjust your location preferences on your computer, browser or mobile device.
If you would like to request that JR limit the use or sharing of your personal information or other targeted marketing purposes or other online service based on your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your personal information has previously been shared with other service providers or other third parties, any request to limit such sharing may not be effective with respect to such previously shared personal information. Some of the Analytics Companies that display our ads on their services may provide you with additional choices to opt out of targeted advertising. Please review the privacy policies of the third-party services you use for more information.
(e) Creation of Anonymous Data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83)
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A “CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES’ DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL DATA WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WERE DISCLOSED. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS MAY REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS LAW BY EMAILING JR AT email@example.com; CALLING US AT (888) 856-4669, OR CONTACTING US THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AT https://www.johnnyrockets.com/contact/. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE ONLY REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO TWO REQUESTS PER CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER EACH YEAR.
(a) Third-Party Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with third-party service providers to: (i) provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Services; (ii) to conduct quality assurance testing; (iii) to facilitate the creation of accounts; (iv) to process payments; (v) to provide technical support; and/or (vi) to provide other services to you.
(c) Corporate Restructuring.
(d) Social Networking Sites.
(e) Other Disclosures.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
We do not intentionally gather personal information about Site visitors who are under the age of 13. Furthermore, we do not intentionally allow Site users under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide us any personal information or use the Services without receiving your parent’s or guardian’s permission. If a child under 13 submits personal information to JR and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at The Johnny Rockets Group, Inc., 1855 Boston Road, Suite 300, Wilbraham, MA 01095, Attn: Guest Relations Team.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION.
You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Site for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Services.
(b) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals.
Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communications. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise our policy on responding to these signals.
We work hard to protect JR and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt some of our Services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to JR employees, consultants, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
REQUEST TO ACCESS AND/OR DELETE PERSONAL INFORMATION OF CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
California consumers may request that JR provide you the information we hold about you or ask us to delete your personal information by calling us at (888) 856-4669 or emailing us at email@example.com.
NON-DISCRIMINATION RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT (“CCPA”)
JR will not discriminate against any California consumer because the consumer exercised any of the consumer’s rights under CCPA, including, but limited to:
- Denying goods or services to the consumer.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods and services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer, if the consumer exercises the consumer’s rights under CCPA.
- Suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
The Johnny Rockets Group, Inc.
1855 Boston Road, Suite 300
Wilbraham, MA 01095
and direct all communications to the General Counsel.
If you have any general questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: Oct 3, 2019